Come in to Swagger on Friday night to see our own Wisconsin Badgers(8) go head to head with the Florida Gators(4)!
$15 100 OZ. DOMESTIC JUMBO BEER TUBES!
Wisconsin vs. Florida
The No. 8 seed Badgers advanced to the Sweet 16 with via a late victory over Villanova, knocking off a No. 1 seed for the third time in the last four tournaments. Meanwhile, No. 4 seed Florida’s defense shut down No. 5 seed Virginia, as the Gators advanced out of the second round for the 10th time in school history.
Players to watch
- Senior Nigel Hayes paced the Badgers with 19 points and eight rebounds, and made the game-winning basket against Villanova. The forward is averaging 13.8 points, 6.6 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game this season.
- Forward Devin Robinson tied a personal-best by scoring 24 points in the Gators’ first-round victory, and followed with a 14-point, 11 rebound double-double against Virginia. The junior is averaging 11.4 points and a team-high 6.3 rebounds per game.
- The all-time series is even at 2-2, with Wisconsin winning the last meeting 59-53 in 2013.
- The Badgers shot a season-high 53.1 percent from the field in their win over Villanova.
- Wisconsin’s five starters accounted for 62 of its 65 points in its second-round win.
- The Gators shot a combined 47.1 percent from the floor in their first two tournament games.
- Forward Bronson Koenig paces the Badgers with 14.5 points per game, and is shooting 39.5 percent from beyond the 3-point line.
- Florida outrebounded both East Tennessee State and Virginia by 38-32 margins.
- Guard KeVaughn Allen, the Gators’ leading scorer (13.4 points per game), has accounted for just 11 total points in Florida’s last two games.